Apply for a Grant
Impact Fairfield County’s goal is to provide high-impact grants that reach under-served populations, highlight unmet needs in our area and raise the profile of deserving but lesser known initiatives. To support this important work and allow organizations to “dream big,” Impact FFC annually awards $100,000 grants to local non-profits. Total funding is determined by the number of members who contribute $1,000 each towards the grants. Excess membership funds will be divided among the other finalists of the grant process for general operating support. Grant finalists are determined through a detailed process of proposal review and evaluation by members, and the grant recipients are chosen by a vote of the membership at the Impact FFC Annual Meeting in May.
Applying for a grant starts with a Letter of Inquiry. Letters of Inquiry will only be accepted online beginning in October and will be due in November. We strongly recommend that you read carefully through our Eligibility Criteria, Grant FAQs, Application Process and Important Dates before submitting an online application through Apply Now.
Please review the following eligibility criteria to determine whether both your organization and your project or program meet the criteria for a grant from Impact Fairfield County.
Organizations must be:
● Classified as a “public charity” with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
● Operating in Fairfield County, Connecticut
● In possession of three years of independently prepared, audited financial statements
● Not a recipient of an Impact Fairfield County $100,000 grant for a period of three years after receiving the grant
Preference will be given to organizations that:
● Have limited access to large grants and do not have the resources of larger non-profits
Projects or Programs must:
● Serve residents of and expend funds fully in Fairfield County, Connecticut
● Be a new project or program, the significant expansion of an existing program, or a new or significantly expanded collaboration
● Have a total project or program budget of at least $100,000
● Use the full amount of the grant within 24 months
● Target under-served populations
Preference will be given to projects or programs that:
● Highlight unmet needs in our area
● Will have a high impact on the beneficiaries
● Are lesser known initiatives
Impact Fairfield County will not provide grants for:
● Debt reduction, operating deficits, or interim or bridge funding
● Endowment funding
● Individuals or private foundations
● Scholarship funding
● Activities that are religious, or partisan, legislative or political in nature
● Fundraising events, fund drives, or annual appeals
● General capital campaigns (unrelated to the specific project or program)
● Organizations that do not provide direct services
Request to Grant Applicants
● Please do not call or contact Impact Fairfield County members, as all members are asked to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the grant process.
● Questions about the Impact Fairfield County grant process may only be sent to email@example.com.